Monday, September 7, 2015

Famous Last words

When I started this class out I was not used to the work schedule anf grading your own assignments. I was turning everything in last minute or a minute late and missing things that needed to be included in your blogs. After this week though I think i have a pretty good  idea of how to get things done on time and efficiently in this class. My favorite part about this weeks reading was when Rama broke the bow to win Sita's hand in marriage. I think my best writing this week was Story Telling 2. I could of done better but I ended up wasting up some time and having to rush some things. In week three, I plan on changing my writing style up to see what can do and where i can go with it.  I saw a lot of great stories, i liked how anu's made her into a children's story with a moral at the end and also nicole's story including both perspective of Dashartha  and his wife. This week has been pretty different. I went to OUIS event and meet some new people. I started working during the week and the weekend. It is gonna be hard to balance work and school but If i can focus I can get done.The weekend began by coming home and immediately having to yard work from saturday morning to the afternoon. Then right after that I had to cook on the grill for my family's cookout. On sunday, I usually work with my dad fixing people A/C and blowers. I tried to decline this week because of upcoming tests and homework but i still went anyways. It ended up pushing back all my homework with i try to get sunday (which why i'm still writing his 7 minutes before its due.) Even Though its been a hectic week, at least it was fun.

(Too busy, websource; Alan O'Rourke)

4 comments:

  1. Heeeyyy Davis! There you go again doing your homework at the last minute! But I understand. Everything seems to pile up and before you know it, you're drowning. Don't worry though! You always seem to make it out alive. Try to prioritize your time. I know it sucks to tell your dad "no," but maybe it's for the best. Besides, let one of your lazy brothers help him! Just like the image you posted, you shouldn't be too busy to improve! Take a deep breath, and remember that you're only human.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X43XF8247E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Davis, I completely relate to this! I have always struggled with time management, so this class has been incredibly helpful is honing that skill for me. I love that you've taken the time to take note of other people's writing skills so you can appreciate and learn from them! What an awesome learning skill! :)

    I hope that these last few weeks have been less chaotic and you've had more time (stress-free) with friends and family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Davis, I can definitely relate to struggling with time management. It's been almost a year since I left OU and started working full time. It was definitely hard for me to get back into the groove of things, and with this being my only class and last class to graduate, it has been extremely difficult to keep myself motivated and balance the work while working full time. It looks like you have gotten the hang of it, and I think I finally am too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Davis, it is hard to keep up with all the works we have to do in the classes. I have the same problem. I think what we have to do is try to get all our homework and other assignments done early. May be you should ask your brothers to go with your dad this week and offer to go help your dad next week?

    ReplyDelete