Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 3 Styles

Topic:
I picked dharma because it plays huge role in the stories we read, Hinduism, and our lives as well. Since dharma is related to the sense of duty and justice, i think finding a story that illustrates these ideas should be no problem.when i find the right story I will base the story
off of that. So far I am thinking of doing my story over Ramayana as a whole, since I use a lot more information in my story. I think the hard problem is making the story focus on.

(Law and Justice, Websource:  Wikipedia:)


Bibliography:
"PDE Ramayana" (2013) by Laura Gibbs, Websource:http://ouocblog.blogspot.com

"What is Dharma?" Subhamoy Das, Web Source: About.com

Horror
The first topic that comes to mind is Horror. I think its a topic i could have fun with and its an idea that will separate mine from the rest. What I have in mind is that group of characters are trapped in a haunted house. The problems and evil creatures  they have to overcome will have similarities with the rakashas that are in the epics we have covered. The whole concept of Dharma will tied into the villain. I plan on making his character deranged and psychotic. He trying to become a God by enforcing punishments on those he deems unworthy or "dharma-less"

Mystery (my favorite idea)
This idea is like the horror topic. It based off one of my favorite shows, Dexter, The main villain is a psychotic killer. He judges people and based on dharma he decides whether they should killed or not. On the other side, there is a detective that is trying to catch the serial killer, The detective also believes he is acting on the side of justice and virtue. However, the killer becomes more random and obtains an God complex and judges everyone. It will be written in both perspectives, so that the reader can understand both characters.

Judge case (my other favorite)
A case between two characters is analyzed by a judge.. In this case the character will represent Rama and Ravana. The case is the kidnapping of Sita. The judge represents dharma and will act as main character in the story, The character will be judged on 10 rules of dharma. I can reference stories freely and bring witnesses in to add more importance in the case.   I have not decided who wins the story since their is still more to read,

Journey
Basically its my version of an epic that has influences from Ramayana and other Indian stories. It follows a character on an adventure to avenge of his father. On the way he encounters 10 obstacles that symbolize  the ten Rules of Dharma. In the end He or She has to decide whether or not revenge is the best thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment