Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Favorite Places

                                                                      Nic's Grill

        Now there are two things I love most that is my family and food. Nic's grill is located in OKC on classen. The burgers at Nic's Grills is literally the best food that I have ever eaten in my life. Everything about that place makes it amazing. Although the restaurant itself is pretty small, you could go just for the atmosphere. The first time I went there, Nic left an piece extra meat in basket, and I could feel tears of joy and gluttony running down my face. If I had to choose my last meal, it would be a Nics burger, Fries, and a cold Dr. Pepper. 

                                             (Inside of Nic's Grill,  source: Wesley Fryer )

                                                                     Velvet Tacos

         It you haven't figured it yet. I am a HUGE foodie. I will eat almost anything as long as it doesn't have beans in it. Beans and I  have never gotten along. The moment I taste it. I just can't finish the meal but that is neither here nor there. Velvet Tacos is located in the heart of Dallas. If your driving down there, this is last place you do not want to miss.  Its cheap and the tacos will make your mouth water. The tacos here are the best tacos you can get in the south. My favorites are the fried oyster taco and the chicken tika taco. 

                                                  (Inside of velvet taco, Source: David C)

                                                                   Niagara Falls

          Surprisingly, this one is not about food. In summer of 2011, my family and I went on a road trip to  Niagara falls. Along the way we hit, St. Louis, New Jersey and New York. I loved exploring these scenic cities and spending some quality with my family. The drive was very long, and I spent most of the time bickering with my brothers. We always fight about everything, so being in a car with them escalated the number of fights. Eventually when we did reach Niagara falls, I was in complete awe of what I saw. Just the sheer size of the waterfall was breathtaking. I had never before seen or heard anything like it. It was like standing in the middle of the busiest airport runway.  I felt as though I was  placed smack dab in the middle of the busiest airport runway..

                                              (Niagara Falls, source: wikipedia commons)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is great, Davis: nobody has done a food place so far in the posts that I have read this semester... but food places can be great favorites! And Velvet Tacos sounds VERY exotic: chicken tikka taco! Wow! Now I imagining some kind of Indian Epics story set there at the Velvet Taco where Ganesha or the ever-hungry Kumbhakarna some other divine foodie has decided that when it's time for chicken tikka taco, there is no better place to go! Yummm! I am getting hungry just thinking about it...! Luckily, Niagara Falls is just looking beautiful, rather than making me hungry. Or thirsty!

    So, welcome to the class, and I am glad you got the enrollment stuff squared away. Ozone victory!

    ReplyDelete