Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Week 1: StoryTelling

                                Snoop Dogg and the Young Man
                                               (An Interpretation of The Lion and the Gladfly)

There was man known as Snoop Dogg who also went by the Snoop Lion. Through many hardships and endeavors, the world thought as him as the pinnacle of all mankind. Snoop Dogg was relaxing in the land of milk and honeys in Orange County, California. He was sipping on some gin and juice on the porch of his mansion. As soon as Snoop finally began to relax, his phone began to rang. “I wonder who is hitting me up this late at night,”  he said. He picked it up, and he didn’t recognize the voice. “I’m so sorry,” the man said. After a long drawn out conversion, Snoop found out that this punk kid hotwired his Lamborghini Murcielago and totaled it. Snoop called his crew, and they brought the young man to his place. Snoop Dogg then roared, “Young blood, I could do anything to you and no one would bat an eye! So what do you think I should do to you? ”  “Snoop, If let me go. I’ll do every in my power to help your career thrive,” cried the young man. “How could such a powerless man help me? Regardless I like your flow. You may join my crew” said Snoop dogg in confident voice.

(Snoop LION by ChrisSimsLAID)

A couple months later, Snoop dogg has been blowing up countless cities with his dope rhymes. Tired and exhausted, he retired back to his room and dozed off. Unknowing to him, the police were planning a raid. The police knew Snoop Dogg liked his ganja and plenty of it. With him in their hands, they could take down the whole marijuana drug trade in California.


A couple hours later Snoop awoke, and quickly lit his morning blunt. The young man did his daily duties for Mr. Dogg as he usually did for the past couple of months.  However, today was different. Suddenly the sounds of sirens filled the air. The young man had rushed to Snoop Dogg’s room, but his estate was so large he couldn’t get there in time. He then grabbed the lamborghini and drove as fast he could to Snoop. BOOM! the lamborghini crashed into snoop’s room. “ WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING! I let you go last time but this time you are gonna regret it,“ He yelled. The young man frantically said,  “ Drop that light, the popos are on their way! If you don’t leave they will send you to the pen.” “My homie, you have truly earned my respect,” said Snoop as he got into his chopper quickly entering the chinese airspace.


  Autography
The fable starts off with a lion being bite by a gladfy.The lion angry is about to kill the gladfly fill but then spares him once the gladfly begs for his life. Later the gladfly warns the lion that village hunters are coming by biting him once more thereby saving his life.

Bibliography



Indian Fables  by P. V. Ramaswami Raju, Web source: Mainlession.com

1 comment:

  1. Davis, I liked the twist in your story. In the beginning, I wasn’t sure where you were going with the story. When I kept reading the story it reminded me of the fable “Lion and the gladfly”, later when I read your author’s note, you had mentioned that you based this story off “Lion and the gladfly”. I liked how you included Snoop Dog into the story. I found it very funny and it was an interesting read. I liked the moral of the story to help others and you won’t even know how others can help you even if you think they are incapable of helping you. However, I wished you had added more details to the story. You could use words that will describe the scene, so the readers can have an image of the scene when they read your story. One part of the story that I didn’t understand is that why the young man crashed the Lamborghini in to snoop’s room.

    ReplyDelete