Monday, November 2, 2015

week 11: Reading Diary A

Originally, I planned on reading a comic book abut Krishna but I did not have enough time to check out the book. When I first read the reading, it said "English verse" at the very top. I did not make much of it but as it continued past the epilogue or introduction, the story was writing in prose. This certain was the most interesting read i have done so far. At first it was hard to follow but as I went through it just sounded more and more like rap lyrics.  The story starts off by giving a quick rundown of scene of the epic then like the original Mahabharata by describing the Pandu and his brother. It follows the story and hits major plot points like the competition and the match between Arjun and Karna. I found that having ambient music playing the background makes the prose easier to read. I just youtubed, "Epic music" and played the first one on low. 

(Karna vs Arjun, websource: blogspot)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Davis! I am glad you liked the reading - was it the Romesh Dutt poetry version? If you could include the title/author with the reading diary plus a link, that will let you find it again easily later when you do your storytelling. I guess it is the Dutt one, and it does sound good read out loud, with all those rhymes!

    ReplyDelete