Thursday, November 5, 2015

week 11: storytelling

Thank you, Thank you. That was Sita. Remember her name cause that may be the next Beyonce! I want you guys to give thanks to my DJ Rama. I know how you all been waiting for our main act. You listened to the up-n-comers now its time  time for the big dog. Well your wait is over! Now introducing the myth, the man, the legend, Lil Pandu ft Arjuna!!!"HOWWW ARE YALL DOING TONIGHHHTTTT!!.  Are you guys ready for me to spit some hot fire. I can't hear yall!! Are yall ready for these bars!

Coming from the land full of milk and honeys
Was a Pandu was the triple OG with all dat money

Now he had reigned king over this land
Till he it was his time pass
His brother who was born blind had to take command
Pandu had five sons, whose caliber where of the highest class

However the blind old man was not bare
He had a son named duryodhana
You could call him man whos hate was hot as a volcana'
This boy always held a grudge aganst the fantastic five
Yet he could not get these boys to just stop being alive
He tried mentally, physically, and even unrealistically
but these five stayed strong, whoerent just all brawn

Now all these men trained tried and true
Under a man name Drona
Duro's hate only grew
For Pandus were only geting stronga'

As time grew only so did these men
there was a gathering...you could call it a tournament
Now they fought hard and long.
Event threw some hadokens
Until Duro took one to far. I guess he had some bad temperament
Everyone took a chill. Until my main man Arjuna came with his song


Yall no yall hater better be quite quit cause im out her to slay
Aint no man that has ever been fit enough to play
Until this man karna came out
but yet he was the only prepared for the bout
we let arrows fly
No one could even see the sky

Once we finished,  we wanted know to the won
But throughout the crowd no one wanted to jump the gun
One side roared "Arjuna" while the roared  "Karna"
Now there was no clear victor in sight, but nah nah
In my eye i am will always be the greatest warrior, a man named Arjuna
*drops mic ....beat ends*

(Mic Drop , Websource: creativitypost)


Author's Note:
this weeks reading was a summary of the chapter writing in prose (in Rhymes). It covered the beginning and the tournament between the cousins.So decided to take it one step further and make it into a rap. Enjoy my first single under the name Lil Pandu. Hopefully, I will number one on the billboard charts!

Bibliography
"THE EPIC OF THE BHARATAS BOOK IASTRA DARSANA". Romesh C Dutt. 1987. http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/dutt/maha01.htm






5 comments:

  1. Hey Davis! So I haven't come across a storytelling story done in prose until now. Now it's not really my type, but I love how creative you were with this. The modern rap flare was a new twist and would really connect with a lot of todays readers. However I did get a little confused in the first paragraph, nothing a few quotation marks wouldn't fix though! Great creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so unique and points for creativity! I like how you thought of the story in such a different way. I do have to agree with Briana in regards to the fact that formatting would help readers follow the way you would want them to. However, it definitely was interesting and communicates the story in an entirely different way. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an interesting way to tell a story. The introduction with Rama and Sita included as musicians was a nice touch. I like how Arjuna was a rapper and he told the story of the pandavas. The rapping was interesting because it changed the tone of the story. The ending of the rap was a good way to end the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Davis!
    So, this is something that I have yet to come across! How very creative of you to incorporate this style of writing into your storytelling post for this week. I do agree with some of the previous comments though. The first paragraph was a bit confusing due to the lack of quotation marks. Your direction with this story is great though. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that was unexpected. That may have been the most unique story telling post I have read yet. That was really good and I think that you did a good job mixing the story into a rap. I was even reading this story with a little beat going on in my head. I really like how you included Sita and Rama into the story and I like the stage name Lil Pandu.

    ReplyDelete